Monday, May 7, 2007

Mmm...dosadillas

Last night we had what I thought was a really delicious dinner. I didn't take a picture of it, since it's not my general practice to photograph my dinner before I eat it (but I do admire it in others) so you're just going to have to use your imagination. I'd seen a reference to dosadillas on a neat vegan blog (eatair.blogspot.com) and found the recipe for it online (I love the internet.) It's from "Quick Fix Vegetarian" by Robin Robertson, which I am so ordering.
Anyway, if you've ever had a samosa at an Indian restaurant, and you really should if you haven't, the filling was similar--mashed potato, baby peas, scallions, and curry powder. This is spooned into a whole wheat tortilla, folded over, and heated just as you would any other quesadilla--in this case in a frying pan, with a little bit of olive oil. The name combines "dosa" which is a kind of thin Indian crepe type-thingy, and the aforementioned quesadilla. They rocked and were so easy to make, which in my opinion makes them about 10 times more delicious. I found the recipe here:
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/features/story.asp?ID=187434 But I'm thinking it's definitely worth investing in the book. In the meantime, having oft-discussed the moral superiority of vegans lately, last night the household members briefly discussed giving it another try (all of us have done so at one time or another.) We thought maybe we'd start with a week and see how it goes. More updates as events warrant.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aspiring vegans...that takes some serious diligence. May the winds of nonliving food items blow in your direction