Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Technical Term


I know, I know. It's been a long time. And for the three of you simply clamoring for more frequent updates about the glamorous, some might even say wondrous, events of my everyday life, my sincere apologies.
With that out of the way, on to the real reason for my post. This morning on my way into work, I was half listening to a "story" on WTOP. I use the quotes because, for the most part, a story on WTOP isn't exactly a story. More like an extended headline. But I digress...The story was on the topic of anticipated Halloween merriment tonight in Georgetown, and how police plan to keep revelers safe. One officer commented that extra personnel would be out on the streets to assist in case anyone became "over-beveraged." It actually made me laugh out loud. When I typed it into Google, the first references had to do with NASCAR (natch) but the reason I like it is because I think it offers a much more sophisticated option than "drunk off your ass." Like rather than saying "Mom, you are drunk off your ass" you could simply say "Mom, I think you've become somewhat over-beveraged." CLASS-EE!
I give you permission to use it liberally. I know I plan to.

No comments: